A decade ago, when people hear the word ‘construction industry’ the picture coming to mind was a dusty construction site. But now the mindset towards the Architecture, Engineering & Construction (AEC) industry started changing at least for the new generation. Thanks to the keyword ‘digital’ for making a revolution and reforming this industry. Comparing the construction industry with other industries, it is in the tender stage of its path toward digital transformation and the foundation for this transformation is Building Information Modelling (BIM).
As a standard for implementation of BIM in the AEC industry, the release of ISO 19650 which defines the Organization and digitization of information about buildings and civil engineering works, including Building Information Modeling (BIM) - Information management using BIM has happened. It has a total of six parts, and they are:
- ISO 19650:1 - Concepts & Principles (released in 2018)
- ISO 19650:2 - Delivery Phase of the Assets (released in 2018)
- ISO 19650:3 - Operational Phase of Assets (released in 2020)
- ISO 19650:4 - Information Exchange (In development)
- ISO 19650:5 - Security-minded approach to information management (released in 2020)
- ISO 19650:6 - Health & Safety (In development)